Monday, March 26, 2012

Sushi For Beginners


If I have to be honest, the only reason I bought this book was because I was a bit peckish when I was in the book store. But, seriously, this book was, in reality, a decent read - and no, I didn't lick it to see if it tasted of sushi... but I know VampireMaster would.

Follow the lives of three women: Lisa, a fashionable, successful magazine editor that - despite hoping to flee to high-rise New York - is forced to move to low-rise Dublin, Ashling, an insecure girl who, unfortunately, is hired by Lisa, and Clodagh, Ashling's (untrustworthy) best friend. Some parts will have you laughing convulsively, while some might make you feel nervous, or even sad.

This book isn't for young children is all I have to say. It has lots of graphic sex scenes and numerous mentions of alcohol and drug use. Nevertheless, I would recommend this book to people over the ages of fifteen. If you're younger and you're up to reading books for a higher reading level, be my guest - but you have been warned!

Overall, it's a great book, with many twists and a humorous ending. It's not very serious and mind-boggling, so people looking for a light read would definitely devour it.

1 comment: